Modular construction incorporates technical innovation into an automated process that uses proven, standardized practices and process efficiencies. It allows production tasks to occur simultaneously rather than sequentially, reducing the overall time to occupancy.
Benefits of choosing modular:
Speed – Construction speed is typically regarded as the principal advantage of modular construction. Simultaneously preparing the project site and constructing the building’s modules off-site in a factory yields a 30 to 50 percent time savings over conventional construction methods.
Quality – Utilizing factory-based construction for 50 to 70 percent of the total building needs results in higher construction and project quality for several reasons:
- Reduced waste: A quality labor force and the inherent Quality Control (QC)/Quality Assurance (QA) of a factory environment means less material waste versus conventional construction
- Working conditions: A well-lit indoor space with a constant and comfortable temperature and protection from the elements provides a productive work environment for construction crews
- Consistency: Reporting to a fixed location with no extraordinary commute to a job site leads to a more consistent schedule, allowing workers to function more effectively
- Quality control: An integrated team of tradesmen who work together on numerous projects over a period of years lead to tighter tolerances, greater cooperation, and faster resolution of any sub-system interferences
- On-site assembly: The stacking and connection of modules and sub-systems are constructed to more rigorous factory tolerances, making the last 5 to 15 percent of the work much more precise
- Materials: The same architect-specified materials used in conventionally constructed buildings are used in concurrent construction projects
- Code requirements: The structural integrity of modules is built to withstand transportation from the factory to the site and meet or exceed the same building codes and standards as site-built structures
Flexibility – Our modular buildings can be seamlessly reconfigured, relocated and removed as your needs change. With conventional construction, this flexibility isn’t an option. You benefit from endless design options constructed to blend in with your existing buildings. All interior and exterior materials can be customized to your needs.
Sustainability – Due to the component-based factory-construction process used during manufacturing, modular units are inherently “greener” than a similar site-built structure and allow for:
- Less time in calendar days spent on-site by construction crews
- Reduced noise, dust, staging, traffic, deliveries, work site risk and potential injury
- No impact from inclement weather such as rain, snow, cold, heat and winds
- Fewer workers to manage onsite, resulting in reduced parking needs
- Reduced material waste
The end result: A high quality, custom solution in less time than a conventional site-built project.