WillScot's COVID-19 Business Preparedness
At WillScot, the health and well-being of our customers, employees, vendors, subcontractors and communities is our top priority. The coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused a period of concern and uncertainty. We are committed to being responsive to your needs as the situation evolves and are especially honored to support our essential services customers.
Following are some of the steps we are taking to protect our customers and our North American team as we work through this unprecedented situation:
- WillScot has implemented a multi-functional COVID Task Force that studies COVID information and implements best practices on a daily basis.
- We continue to utilize reputable sources for information including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). We have used these reputable sources to aid communication with our employees about preventative measures, risk assessment and self-education about COVID-19.
- We continue to provide our employees with regular communications as new information becomes available.
- WillScot follows all applicable federal, state and local guidelines issued with regard to COVID-19.
- We have minimized business travel and are utilizing conference calling and video features. In addition, we have eliminated all large gatherings.
- We have implemented accommodations processes, including work-from-home arrangements for some employees and are undertaking systems testing to ensure additional arrangements are successful and that our customer needs are met seamlessly.
Specifically, to comply with CDC guidelines and ensure the wellbeing of those who work with us, we have implemented the following steps and ask you to do the same:
- Employees are regularly reminded to practice good hygiene, including frequent hand washing.
- Work rules mandate that employees Practice social distancing by maintaining physical distances of at least 6 feet, separating workgroups and staggering work and break schedules.
- Housekeeping rules include the regular disinfection of all high contact surfaces in any Equipment supplied by WillScot. Disinfectants and cleaning agents meet or exceed the standards recommended by the CDC.
- A daily symptom assessment, including temperature check, occurs for each employee. Employees who exhibit symptoms are instructed to remain home pending test results.
Mask usage at work is mandatory.
- The Human Resources and Safety Departments are trained to respond to general questions and to handle contact tracing as necessary.
With regard to WillScot visits to our customers’ locations, please make us aware ahead of time if you have specific guidelines for attendance. We will strive to meet all such requests.
We have contingency plans in place so that we will be equipped to provide you with uninterrupted service in the event that any single location needs to close. Our large North American footprint will be an asset in this situation, as we are accustomed to pulling in resources from other locations when necessary.
We are prepared to be as agile as possible to ensure we maintain the responsiveness and excellent level of customer service we are known for, while simultaneously protecting the health and safety of our employees.
During periods of uncertainty such as this one, questions sometimes outweigh answers, and we know that can make business operations stressful. We will continue to monitor affected areas and provide guidance and updates throughout the process. Going forward, please use our website to read about changes, updates and developments.
Thank you for your business and your patience.